Cultural Resources OfficeThe Cultural Resources Office (CRO) works with property owners, neighborhoods, City departments, public agencies and elected officials to preserve our City's historic and cultural heritage. Under applicable standards and ordinances, the Office reviews:
- exterior changes to City Landmarks and buildings in City Historic Districts;
- demolitions in Preservation Review Districts and National Register Historic Districts;
- projects funded by the City or that affect City-owned property
- City projects funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
CRO Satellite Office
St. Louis Preservation BoardThe Preservation Board is a nine-member panel of citizens and design professionals appointed by the Mayor and charged with ensuring that the historic and cultural character of the City's designated districts and landmarks is preserved. The Board:
- recommends historic district and landmark designations;
- advises City Administration and the Board of Aldermen on preservation issues;
- reviews major development proposals in historic districts;
- hears appeals of decisions by the Cultural Resources Office.
Phone: (314) 657-3865
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mon-Fri
1520 Market Street , Suite 2000
Saint Louis, Missouri 63103
SE corner of Market and 15th Street