Baden-Riverview


Baden in 1876

In 1876, Baden became a part of the City of St. Louis by an act of the State legislature. A gazetteer of Missouri of that period lists Baden as having a population of 400 and located on the St. Louis, Kansas City and Northwestern Railroad (later Wabash). It was the terminus of a horse car line from St. Louis and contained 11 stores, three wagon shops, four churches and four schools, one public, two Catholic and one Lutheran.