Benton Park


Transit

Earliest public transit in this area was provided by the Gravois Railway Company, a horse car line which began operations in 1873. It ran from the downtown area southward reaching Russell Avenue and thence south and west on Twelfth, Sidney and Jefferson to Gravois Avenue. As in most parts of the City, this area was well served by electric trolley lines by the mid-nineties, these lines now being motorized with buses.