Parochial schools are maintained by both Catholic parishes in the area and also by St. Paul's Lutheran Church. The public schools which serve the area are Bryan Hill School at 2128 Gano Avenue, which was erected in 1912 and Lowell School at 1409 Linton Avenue, built in 1926.
The Jewish Center for the Aged at East Grand and Blair Avenues was founded in 1906. The Center has been expanded several times during its history, the most recent addition being the four story David P. Wohl Pavilion, which was constructed in 1962.
Image - Tower Village, former Jewish Home for the Aged