The Carondelet Public Library was completed in 1908 and was financed in part from the Andrew Carnegie Library Fund. It was designed in the classic Ionic style by architect E. Preisler.
A hospital was started in Carondelet by St. Boniface Church in 1873, but was destroyed by fire four years later. The patients were then moved to Gillick Hall at Michigan and Steins. The hall was an old landmark and was a favorite meeting place and dance hall for many years. Later reverting to industrial usage the old four story building was razed in 1939.
Carondelet Branch Y.M.C.A. was organized in 1919 and the present buildinq was erected in 1926, the same year in which the Carondelet Y.W.C.A. was organized. The Y.W.C.A. is now located at 4510 South Kingshighway.
The Masonic Temple at 6818 Michigan Avenue was opened in July, 1907, and was used as a meeting place for various organizations until June, 1978.