While it is not located within the original area of the City of Carondelet, the park which now bears that name is closely identified with the vicinity. The 180 acre park originated in response to the desires of South side residents for a park in their part of the city at the same time that Forest Park was being promoted for the West End. Similarly, O'Fallon Park was also created at the same time for the benefit of the north eiders. Carondelet Park was purchased by the city in 1875 for $140,570 and was dedicated on July 4, 1876, when it very nearly was named Independence Park for the Centennial.
The newest park in Carondelet is named for St. Agne de Bellerive, the Frenchman who governed the village of St. Louis before the arrival of the first Spanish governor. It was acquired in 1908 as a terminus for Bellerive Boulevard and to provide a scenic viewpoint for a fine riverscape vista. The 5.67 acre park was also intended as a south end point for a proposed 1929 riverfront parkway that was suggested by the City Plan Commission, but which was abandoned because of the depression. A historical plaque was dedicated in the park in 1970. It was originally named Riverside Park, and received its present name in 1916.
A small block square park is South St. Louis Square, bounded by Broadway, Courtois Street, Pennsylvania Avenue and Schirmer Street. It is part of the original Spanish grant of Carondelet and was forever reserved for park purposes when the town was laid out in 1832. The 1.66 acre square was a gift of the City of Carondelet to St. Louis in 1882. One of Carondelet's three town markets was built in a corner of the square and is now leased by the City for private market use.
Another block square park at Davis Street and Michigan Avenue was purchased by the City of St. Louis in 1929 and is known as the Carondelet Lions Park.