Clifton


Institutions

On the southwest corner of Watson Road and Scanlan Avenue is the Machacek Branch of the St. Louis Public Library. It is designed in a modern style and was opened in 1974.

The Southwest Station of the U. S. Post Office, at 3200 Clifton Avenue, near Fyler, was completed in 1975. At 2728 Clifton Avenue is the old Clifton Heights Police Station, which was built about 1896. It is now occupied by Amvets Post #6.