A horse car line running out Gravois and Arsenal to Grand provided the first public transit to this area in the mid-1870's. Electric trolley lines on Grand, Jefferson, Lafayette, Park and Shenandoah, as well as Arsenal provided a transit network for the area by 1900. The same lines are now served by buses. The first bus line was operated by the Peoples Motorbus Company on South Grand in 1924.
East-west traffic mobility was greatly improved by the opening of Interstate Highway 44. The area is well supplied with major streets in all directions affording convenient traffic movements. Traffic on Grand Boulevard has been expedited by medians and turning lanes installed in recent years.