The present Methodist Children's Home at 3715 Jamieson Avenue, was founded in Warrenton, Missouri, in 1864 as a refuge for orphans who were displaced by the Civil War. It later moved to St. Louis and occupied the former Cupples Mansion on Maryland Avenue near Newstead. It was also located on Waterman near DeBaliviere Avenue before occupying its present quarters in 1951.
The Susan R. Buder branch of the St. Louis Public Library has been located in their own building at 5320 Hampton Avenue since 1961. Prior to that, it was housed in the Buder School on Lansdowne Avenue for many years.
The Harmony Masonic Temple has been located at 4621 South Kingshighway since about 1918. Meridian Masonic Hall at Donovan and Lansdowne Avenues was erected in the late 1950's.
Image- Harmony Masonic Temple - 4621 South Kingshighway.
Image- Carondelet Branch Y.M.C.A. - 4510 South Kingshighway.