Frequently Asked Questions

How can I contact the Collector of Revenue's Office about my annual personal property taxes?

We have staff available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM to answer calls and emails regarding your personal property tax needs. Please contact us by calling (314) 622-4108 or you can send e-mails to:

My personal property tax bill has the wrong information on it, how do I change this?

Please contact the Assessor's Office at City Hall, Room 115 for assistance. Individuals may call the Assessor's Office at 622-4171 and businesses may call 622- 4181. The Collector of Revenue has no jurisdiction to change the information contained on the tax bills.

Why was there a 10% penalty assessed to my personal property tax bill?

If you fail to file your declaration form with the Assessor's Office or the form is filed late, you will be assessed a 10% penalty. The declaration form is due by April 1st.

May I create a payment schedule for my personal property tax bill?

Yes. Once your bill is received, you can make payments on the bill until it is paid in full. If there is a balance on the account as of January 1, you will be subject to penalty and interest. You must pay the oldest tax year first and all taxes must be paid in full to license the vehicle. Taxes that remain unpaid after December 31st may have a suit filed upon them and will incur additional associated fees. However, making payments will not stop the Collector of Revenue from filing suit on a delinquent account per Missouri State Statute.

Payments can be made in person at 1200 Market Street, Room 109. You may also pay your taxes by mail. Send your payments to: Gregory F.X. Daly, Collector of Revenue, 1200 Market Street, Room 109, St. Louis, MO 63103. Taxes are delinquent after December 31st.

Why do I have suit fees assessed against my personal property tax bill?

When personal property taxes are delinquent, the Collector of Revenue files suit in the Circuit Court. Court costs and attorney's fees are assessed against the account as dictated by Missouri Statute.

What do I do when I move to the City of St. Louis?

Individuals should call the Assessor's Office at 622-4171 and businesses may call 622-4181.