National Voter Registration Day
09/26/17, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
National Voter Registration Day is a national holiday celebrating our democracy. It was first observed in 2012 and has been growing in popularity every year since. Held on the fourth Tuesday of September, National Voter Registration Day will be observed on Tuesday, September 26th this year. The holiday has been endorsed by the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS). It is further supported by the National Association of State Election Directors (NASED).
What It’s About
Every year millions of Americans find themselves unable to vote because they miss a registration deadline, don’t update their registration, or aren’t sure how to register. National Voter Registration Day wants to make sure everyone has the opportunity to vote. On Tuesday September 26, 2017 volunteers and organizations from all over the country will “hit the streets” in a single day of coordinated field, technology and media efforts. National Voter Registration Day seeks to create broad awareness of voter registration opportunities to reach tens of thousands of voters who may not register otherwise.
What It Involves
- Volunteers in their community or workplace, at schools or public events, or anywhere we can register people to vote.
- Technology to help voters find registration drives nearby and register to vote online.
- Local organizations, businesses and election offices engaged in their own communities.
- Tens of thousands of voters registering to vote online and of?ine in a single day.
What It Will Accomplish
- Registering Voters: In 2016 over 750,000 voters used National Voter Registration Day to register to vote across all 50 states.
- Mobilizing Volunteers: Each year the holiday’s growing number of local partners engage upwards to 10,000 local volunteers.
- Educating Voters: Millions of voters need to register and re-register every year. By utilizing new technology and leveraging partners, we’ll educate Americans in all 50 states about how to register, sign up for election reminders, check their registration online, get mail ballots, learn about early voting and more.
- Uniting for a Common Purpose: National Voter Registration Day is a day of civic unity. It’s an opportunity to set aside differences and celebrate democracy and the rights and opportunities we all share as Americans.
St. Louis City Board of Elections Headquarters
300 North Tucker Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63101
Board of Elections
25 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!