WORLD REFUGEE DAY DRIVE-THRU EVENT
06/20/21, 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Notice: St. Louis City officials recommend that residents follow CDC guidance for COVID-19 safety. Current CDC guidance states that people should avoid large events and gatherings when possible, and use masks and social distancing when gathering with those outside your household. Please use a virtual meeting option if you can. See the CDC website for guidance on large and small gatherings.
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL drive-thru supper club event to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Each year on World Refugee Day we host a fundraiser, but this year we will be celebrating with to-go boxes and will be bringing this 8-course Syrian and Moroccan meal directly to your car.
These meals present an opportunity for immigrant families to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their lives here in in the USA.
Drive up to pick up your to go dinner on Sunday, June 20th from 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm at STL Foodworks, 408 N Sarah Street, St. Louis, MO 63108. Our volunteers will bring your dinner directly to your car.
The link to our event:
- Beet Root Salad – (Moroccan) : with fresh herb, lemon, and olive oil
- Hummus with pita – (Syrian) : a dip made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita
- Vegetable Cigar – (Moroccan) : Rolls filled with veggies, fresh herbs, harissa, and spices
- Baba Ganoush – (Syrian) : a dip made of mashed eggplant, lemon juice, tahini. Served with pita
- Pastilla – (Moroccan) : Tender chicken with egg, almond, onion and spices wrapped in crispy pastry layers
- Kibbeh – (Syrian) : deep fried bulgur stuffed with beef, pine nuts, walnuts, onion and Mediterranean spices
- Coconut Macaroons – (Moroccan) : Cookies made of coconut, egg, and sugar
- Baklava – (Syrian) : a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped pistachios and held together with ghee and rose water
Event published: Jun 14, 2021 8:56 AM
25 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!