Lead Building Maintenance Worker
The Lead Building Maintenance Worker is a position with the the 22nd Judicial Circuit Court.
The 22nd Judicial Circuit Court, City of St. Louis seeks candidates with at least 5 yrs general building maintenance experience in plumbing, electrical, carpentry and grounds work.
Applicants must be at least 21 yrs. of age and possess a high school diploma.
Salary range $33,029- $51,610.
Send resume ASAP by mail to:Deborah M. Leahey HR Manager Civil Courts Building, 10 N. Tucker Blvd. Room 412, St. Louis MO 63101
Or by email to: email@example.com
Position is open until filled. For full job description see below. This is a non-civil service position. Recruitment for this position will be handled by the Twenty Second Judicial Circuit Court Human Resource Department.
Department: 311 & 320
Class Title: Lead Building Maintenance Worker
Class Definition: Under day-to-day supervision of the Facilities Manager the incumbent of this position is responsible for providing leadership in the maintenance of Court and other court occupied buildings including grounds, building systems and vehicles.
Examples of Essential Duties
- Assists Building Maintenance workers in resolving building maintenance issues.
- Assigns tasks to other Building Maintenance workers as needed.
- Assists in diagnosing and determining the priority of building maintenance issues including general preventative maintenance and emergency requests. Ensures that these issues are brought to the attention of the Facilities Manager.
- Assists in bringing to the attention of the Facilities Manager any issues related to the maintenance and operational serviceability of the mechanical equipment of Court buildings.
- Monitors and assists the City or contracted maintenance and custodial services.
- Performs maintenance service on buildings, grounds to include painting and carpentry repairs.
- Keeps shop and tools maintained in working order. Ensures an inventory of tools and equipment is kept current.
- Installs key cores and locks.
- Cuts keys as needed.
- Maintains records of keys and cores and enters information into Keystone computer software program.
- Moves office furniture and equipment as needed.
- Assembles and repairs office furniture.
- Assists with performing and coordinating all aspects of the Judges annual move including: providing general direction to outside moving contractor, making sure elevator is operational, ensuring that the movers get to the correct destination, ensuring that items are moved to proper location and ensuring that Judges names on signs are changed to correctly reflect the Judges change in location.
- Coordinates inspection services for fire extinguishers, smoke sensors, kitchen equipment, and elevators. Replaces fire extinguishers.
- Maintains records of maintenance activities and forwards information to Facilities Manager.
- Assists with lawn and grounds care requirements on a seasonal basis.
- Performs snow and ice removal.
- Maintains all lawn equipment needed to perform job.
- Drives Court vehicles to garage for repairs.
- Coordinate and assist on-site inspections and escort tradesman and contractors for repairs or cost estimates.
- Ensure security of facilities while contractors are on site.
- Checks out and operates City vehicles as needed.
- Class F driver’s license required.
- Regular and prompt attendance is considered an essential function of this position.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Candidates for this position should possess considerable knowledge of general and preventative maintenance techniques and practices; considerable knowledge and skill in general building maintenance, basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems repairs and practices; have the ability to use the appropriate tools in performing basic carpentry, painting, and some mechanical repairs.; have good written and communication skills and have the ability to enter data into a computerized work order system.
Minimal Educational, Experience and Special Requirements
Candidates for this position must possess a high school certificate or diploma; have five years-prior work experience in general maintenance and repair preferably in an industrial maintenance setting. Experience and training should include the basics of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical repairs. Candidates must have a valid Missouri driver’s license (Class F) with an excellent driving record; must be able to be approved as an acceptable driver under the Court's insurance carrier and be able to maintain an acceptable status. Candidates must be at least twenty-one years of age.
Revised December 5, 2018