Notice of Funding Available
Affordable Housing Trust Fund
The Affordable Housing Commission (“
Non-profit agencies and developers may apply for three types of funding: a) service-related grants, b) loans and other subsidies for rental housing production, and c) loans and other subsidies for for-sale housing developments. Separate application forms are available for each type of request. The Affordable Housing Commission does NOT make grants or loans to individuals seeking housing or support services.
Priorities for funding for this round include high quality applications that:
- Propose housing, shelter, or housing services for persons and families with incomes at or below 20% of the area median income.
- Provide assistance for initiatives that prevent homelessness for households or individuals earning at or below 80%
- Provide affordable housing services (grant program) while advancing five or more objectives outlined in the City’s Sustainability Plan, or create affordable housing units (loan program) while advancing ten or more objectives outlined in the City's Sustainability Plan.
- Develop affordable housing within one half-mile of a: 1) light rail station, 2) frequent service bus line (running every 30 minutes), or, 3) Bus Rapid Transit (
- Comprehensively retrofit or rehabilitate housing units (for-sale & rental) to a national green building standard (LEED, Enterprise Green, NGBS, etc.), or have an energy audit with a HERS of 85 or less.
All rehabilitation projects must adhere to the City’s Lead Safe requirements and receive a Lead Safe Clearance performed by a State Licensed Inspector at the project’s conclusion.
All new construction projects must build to a national green building standard (LEED, Enterprise Green, NGBS, or EnergyStar with a RESNET energy auditor.) The development is not required to receive formal certification. All development projects must complete (as a condition of funding, not required for application): 1) Laclede Gas High Efficiency Program Rebate application, and, 2) Ameren Missouri Energy Efficiency Rebate and Incentive application.
All new construction projects must adhere to the Commission’s Universal Design requirements. These requirements may be downloaded.
Applications will be available for pickup after 12 noon, September 18th at Affordable Housing Commission offices, 1520 Market Street, Suite #2080, 63103 OR they may be obtained on the internet at the Affordable Housing Commission’s website, www.affordablehousingcommissionstl.org.
The deadline for submission is 4:00 p.m., Friday, November 3, 2017. For additional information, please call the Affordable Housing Commission at 657-3880.
It is anticipated that allocations relating to applications submitted in this funding round will be made by March 2018.
Affordable Housing Commission of the City of St. Louis
Housing,Housing Financial Programs