To replace license plates or tags that have been lost or stolen, contact the Missouri Department of Revenue Licensing Office at City Hall or find a location near you.
You should be able to obtain replacement tags or plates at any license office, provided that your registration information is still current.
Follow these steps when needing replacement tags either if lost or stolen:
- Contact the MO State Highway Patrol or Police Division non-emergency number (314) 231-1212 and report them as stolen.
- Request and obtain an incident report number from the State Highway Patrol or Police Division.
Bring and present your incident report number along with your ID and VIN to:Missouri Department of Revenue Licensing Office
1200 Market, Room 111
St. Louis, Mo 63103
- $8.00 fee to replace stolen tags or license plates.
- $16.50 fee to replace lost tags.
- $25.00 fee to replace license plates.
What to Expect
Same day replacement of tags and/or plates.
Collector - City Hall Fee Office
1200 Market St.,
St. Louis, MO 63103
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.