Lost or Stolen License Plates and (or) Tags
How to replace lost or stolen license plates and/or tags
To replace license plates or stickers that have been lost or stolen, contact the Missouri Department of Revenue Licensing Office at City Hall or find a location near you.
You should be able to obtain replacement tags or plates at any license office, provided that your registration information is still current.
Follow these steps when needing replacement tags either if lost or stolen:
- Contact the police department non-emergency number and report them as stolen.
- Request and obtain an incident report number from the Police
- Bring and present your incident report number to the fee-office.
- Report the theft or loss to the Police.
- Bring and present the incident report number to the fee-office
- Obtain replacement tabs will be issued.
- $3.50 fee to replace the tabs
- $6.28 fee to replace the plates
What to Expect
Same day replacement of tags and/or plates
Collector - City Hall Fee Office
St. Louis, Mo 63103
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.