Health Department Volunteers - Point of Dispensing (POD)
The Department of Health is recruiting volunteers, over the age of 18, to assist in operating local Point of Dispensing (POD) sites for delivery of medications in certain public health emergencies or disasters
For some types of emergencies, such as a bio-terrorist attack or public health pandemic, plans call for dispensing medication to all St. Louis residents within the first 48 hours. The Health Department is recruiting medical and non-medical volunteers to contribute their skills and expertise to assist community agencies in the operation of Point of Dispensing Sites (PODS) during emergencies.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Download Application
- Residents without medical training can receive training on dispensing medication or can volunteer to assist with administrative and other essential Point Of Dispensing support functions.
- We encourage you to join our St. Louis City Medical Reserve Corps. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to receive orientation and training.
- Medical Reserve Corps members and medical professionals are encouraged to register with ShowMeResponse.org [showmeresponse.org], Missouri's advanced registration of volunteer healthcare professionals database.
- Download POD Volunteer Application
Center for Health Information Planning & ResearchCity of Saint Louis Department of HealthRoom 40501520 Market StreetSt. Louis,
What to ExpectListed on the registrar as volunteer for POD in case of an emergency.
Additional Training Resources
Increase your capacity to volunteer with FEMA's Independent Study Program. These courses are not required but are strongly encouraged as they will help you make sense of how a POD is organized and how a POD will operate.
IS – 100 – Introduction to the Incident Command System [training.fema.gov]
IS – 200 – ICS for Singe Resources and Initial Action Incidents [training.fema.gov]
IS- 700 – National Incident Management System, an Introduction
What would volunteering in a POD be like?
Play the POD Game to find out what you might see when volunteering in a POD.
Department of Health
St. Louis, Mo 63103
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm