HIV/AIDS Care, Education, Planning, TB Control, Surveillance, and Intervention Services
1520 Market Street
Suite 4027St. Louis, MO 63103
MissionCommunicable Disease serves as a catalyst for change and leadership for the prevention and care of all communicable diseases throughout the City of St. Louis & the St. Louis Region.
To this end, we serve the St. Louis region through planning, education, data reporting, and dissemination of information regarding these diseases.We enlist community support in developing and conducting interventions as well as providing care services that protects and educates individuals, our community and ultimately end the spread of all communicable diseases.
SPECIAL NOTICE:The City of St. Louis Department of Health is soliciting comments on its draft Housing Opportunities for People With AIDS (HOPWA) Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER). The CAPER is an overall review of the housing and community development activities undertaken to support People Living With HIV/AIDS in 2014 by the City of St. Louis. The CAPER is part of the St. Louis City Consolidated Planning process for housing, which is a pre-requisite to receiving federal HUD funds.
Office HoursOffice: Monday – Friday
Phone: 1 (888) 291-AIDS
HIV/AIDS Care Services
Linkage to Care Hotline
- Referral to medical care & essential support services for individuals/families living with HIV
- Aims to improve overall health status and quality of life for residents
- Serving Missouri Counties of St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, Warren, and St. Charles
Education & Community Planning(314) 612-5188
- Provide leadership & tailored education on HIV, STIs, and Hepatitis trainings throughout the region
- Refer HIV/STI testing and treatment to community providers
- Convene regional prevention advisory groups and contract services for HIV/STI prevention services
- Works within the community to provide clinical services to ensure that individuals are tested, treated, & educated about their risk of tuberculosis
HIV & Hepatitis Surveillance(314) 657-1501
- In partnership with the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services, all HIV case reports, CD4s, and viral loads are entered, tracked & researched
- Provide annual data reports as needed
- Provide hepatitis services for city providers and tracking of perinatal and adult Hepatitis B cases
Disease Intervention Services(314) 612-5188
- Follow-up services provided to individuals testing positive for all reported communicable diseases per Centers for Disease Control guidelines
- Staff provides: partner elicitation & notification services ensuring that individuals are treated and educated on all issues related to these diseases
City of St. Louis Department of Health
Communicable Disease Dept.
1520 Market St., Rm 4078
St. Louis, MO 63103
25 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!