HIV/AIDS in the City of St. Louis
Services, resources, and data related to HIV and AIDS in the City of St. Louis
HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is a virus that attacks cells that help the body fight infection, making a person more vulnerable to other infections and diseases.
If left untreated, HIV can lead to the disease AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome).
Services and Resources
HIV & Sexual Health & Well-Being
To Learn More About HIV & Sexual Health & Well-being:
- Educational Resources from the US Centers for Prevention and Disease Control (CDC)
- American Sexual Health Association
Get Tested For HIV
To Get Yourself Tested for HIV:
You can get a free, confidential rapid HIV test at many places in our area. Click here to search by zip code.
HIV positive and seeking to receive the quality HIV medical care you deserve? The Linkage to Care Intake Line can assist:
- Help finding a doctor
- Assist with finding coverage for your HIV medical care
- Assist with finding coverage for your HIV medication
- Assist with access to other services like transportation, housing, dental, mental health counseling, support groups, and food in the St. Louis area.
- Provide free testing for family, friends, and sex partners if they want to know their status.
Call the St. Louis Linkage to Care Intake Line as a resource to link people with HIV to the care they need.