Sign Up for Smoking Cessation Training Courses
Opportunity to sign up for the "Freedom from Smoking" course developed by the American Lung Association.
The Health Department in collaboration with the BeeFit Wellness initiative schedules and offers smoking cessation courses. Course frequency is set by the demand for the course offering.
The smoking cessation course utilizes the American Lung Association's Freedom from Smoking program and is designed to provide participants with the skills and techniques to support quitting. The course covers:
- Strategies to help quit smoking.
- Health implications of Smoking and secondhand smoke.
- Strategies to protect children from the harm of secondhand smoking.
- Contact Robin Hayes at (314) 657-1476, or by email.
- Ask for the date of next upcoming class, and sign up
- If no classes are scheduled, ask to be placed on the waiting list. Provide:
- First and last name
- Contact phone number
- Email address
You will be contacted by the Health Department or the Bee-Fit Wellness Coordinator with the date of upcoming classes.
Pre-register with the Health dept. three (3) days prior to the first session of the course.
- Attendance of all weekly classes
- Arrive 10 minutes ahead of start of class
No Fees to attend the Course.
What to Expect
Expect to attend all weekly classes
During each session, activities and assignments will provide you with skills and techniques to support quitting.
All of the exercises are intended to help you gain control over your behavior. You will work through the quit process individually and in a group.
Our external website Smoke Free St. Louis Kids offers more in depth information and resources.
Department of Health
St. Louis, Mo 63103
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm