Obtain Assistance Applying for Health Insurance or Medicare
SLAAA offers assistance for people of all ages with obtaining health insurance through the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), as well as assistance with Medicare needs.
SLAAA has federally trained and state licensed Navigators to provide no cost Affordable Care Act insurance assistance to the community through presentations and one-on-one assistance. SLAAA can also refer you to Missouri CLAIM to help you with your Medicare questions and issues.
Missouri CLAIM is a nonprofit providing free, unbiased information about Medicare. They provide local counselors to help you get the most from your Medicare benefits.
Determine if you need assistance with Affordable Care Act insurance or with Medicare benefits.
For questions about your Medicare benefits, contact Missouri CLAIM by visiting their website or calling them at (800) 390-3330.
For Affordable Care Act insurance assistance, please call SLAAA.
What to Expect
SLAAA's federally trained and state licensed navigators will be able to answer your questions about Affordable Care Act insurance, or help guide you through your insurance application.
Missouri CLAIM can:
- Help you with applications for and enrollment into health insurance, including Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage and programs to help with Medicare Part B and D costs
- Answer your questions about Medicare, Medicaid/MO HealthNet, Medicare Advantage, or supplemental insurance
- Assist you in understanding and organizing health care bills and statements in a system that will help manage their healthcare-related paperwork in the future
- Assist you in submitting claims for Medicare, Medicare Advantage and supplemental insurance
- Help you understand the Medicare appeals process and assist in the process in whatever capacity is necessary
St. Louis Area Agency on Aging
St. Louis, MO 63103
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm