Citizen Advisory Committee
The Citizen Advisory Committee was formed to help guide the City during the search for a new chief of police.
The Citizen Advisory Committee will help shape the structure of the search, provide input on what the search should look like and give the City feedback along the way.
Mayor Krewson envisions the committee drafting the formal job description for a new police chief, incorporating different community groups into the search process and deciding whether to hire a search firm.
August 29th Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting Materials
Agenda, minutes, and other materials for this meeting
August 15th Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting Materials
Meeting materials include the agenda, forum summary, and meeting minutes
July 11, 2017 Citizen Advisory Committee Meeting
July 11, 2017 Citizen Advisory Committee meeting materials include agenda, meeting notes, updated Police Commissioner RFP Document and markup copy, online polling results, and forums wall mural responses.
June 13, 2017 Citizen Advisory Committee Meeting
June 13, 2017 Citizen Advisory Committee Meeting Agenda and Notes
Documents Pertaining to the Search of Police Commissioner
Police Commissioner search request for proposal, average salaries, timeline, position classification.
No events available.
Request for Proposals
The City received two bids for it's Request for Proposals. One from "Strategic Government Resources" and one from "International Association of Chiefs of Police." While the bids themselves are closed to the public until review is complete, individuals with experience with either two organizations are encouraged to reach out any feedback or thoughts to Carl Filler at email@example.com.
Members of the Committee
- Zachary Boyers, Chairman & CEO, U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation; Co-Chair, Forward Through Ferguson
- Lisa Cagle, Member, Coalition Against Police Crimes and Repression
- Anna Crosslin, President & CEO, International Institute of St. Louis
- David Dwight, Communications & Strategy Catalyst, Forward Through Ferguson
- Jessica Eiland, Project Manager, Rise Community Development; recent President, Northside Community Housing
- Thomas J. Irwin, Executive Director, Civic Progress; former member St. Louis City Board of Police Commissioners
- Daniel Isom, General Manager, Regional Justice Information Service; Adjunct Professor, University of Missouri-St. Louis; Retired Chief of Police, City of St. Louis
- Marius Johnson-Malone, Deputy Director of Community-Based Studies, Better Together
- Bishop Courtney Jones, Senior Pastor, Pleasant Grove Baptist Church
- Alderman Terry Kennedy, Chair, Board of Aldermen Public Safety Committee; Alderman - Ward 18
- Stephen Rovak, Chairman, Civilian Oversight Board, City of St. Louis; Partner, Dentons US, LLP law firm
- Tina Siebert, Realtor, Missouri Realtor State Director; Southampton Neighborhood Association Board, MBA, former Human Resource professional
- Erwin O. Switzer, Officer, Greensfelder law firm; former member, St. Louis City Board of Police Commissioners
Citizen Advisory Committee to Host Public Forums
Press release | 199
Citizen Advisory Committee to Host Second Public Forum
Press release | 199
Citizen Advisory Committee Announced to Assist Search for City Police Chief
Mayor Lyda Krewson has formed a Citizen Advisory Committee that will help guide the City during the search for a new chief of police
Press release | 199,365