Executive Secretary II to the Mayor for Boards and Commissions
The Executive Secretary II to the Mayor for Boards and Commissions manages special appointments to local boards and commissions.
The Executive Secretary II to the Mayor for Boards and Commissions manages special appointments to local boards and commissions. In this dynamic role, the Executive Secretary II will be involved in board/ commission recruitment, vetting, recommendations and administrative duties. The Executive Secretary II will be responsible for maintaining positive, productive relationships with the Board of Aldermen, regional partners, and state partners who work with the City on various boards and commissions.
Individuals considered for this role should be self-starters, outgoing, organized, and capable of managing complicated workflows on tight schedules. This role requires innovation to encourage a wide pool of applicants to apply to serve on Boards and Commissions for the City of St. Louis. The City of Saint Louis has over 180 Boards and Commissions. The Executive Secretary II will be responsible for maintaining an organized database of all open boards positions including expired terms. The Executive Secretary II will follow up with Boards and Commissions to ensure they stay in compliance with City requirements. The Executive Secretary II will take the lead on Board recruitment by attending community meetings, conducting one-on-one outreach, holding outreach events and working in collaboration with the Mayor’s Communication’s team to uplift Board and Commission opportunities. The Executive Secretary II should be constantly recruiting and bringing new residents into the pool of potential candidates for Boards and Commissions. The Executive Secretary II will assess a candidate’s suitability for various positions and make recommendations for approval to the Mayor and her senior staff.
In this role, Executive Secretary II will collaborate with the web team to ease the application process and reach new audiences as well as provide weekly reports on progress toward filling Board positions.
The Executive Secretary II will work under general supervision. The Executive Secretary II is empowered to develop their own work sequences within established procedures, methods and policies. They are subject to periodic supervisory check-ins with either the Chief of Staff or Deputy Chief of Staff.
- Recruit community members to serve on Boards and Commissions.
- Develop strategic outreach plan to reach new applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborate with local elected partners and regional partners on shared Boards and Commissions.
- Maintain database with updated information on open positions, expired terms, and current member qualifications.
- Research the background of individuals currently serving on Boards to determine if they should be reappointed.
- Support Boards and Commissions to remain in compliance with City regulations.
- Collaborate with Communications team to elevate the availability of Boards and Commissions positions to wider audience.
- Prepare nomination recommendations for the Mayor and her senior team.
- Correspond with members of the Board of Aldermen, regional partners and applicants regarding the application process.
- Host Board and Commission orientation sessions for new members.
- Other duties as assigned.
The City of St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of St. Louis will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the City.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Deputy Chief of Staff Sara Baker at email@example.com. Applications for this position will be received and reviewed until 1/13 at 5pm CST.