Mayor Slay, President Reed, Alderman Cohn Celebrate Complete Streets Law
Mayor Slay, Board of Alderman President Lewis Reed, Alderman Shane Cohn, and Trailnet Executive Director Ann Mack gathered at City Hall this morning to celebrate the passage of Board Bill 7 into law.
The Complete Streets bill, introduced by Alderman Shane Cohn, states guiding principals and practices so that transportation improvements are planned, designed, and constructed to encourage walking, biking, and transit use while promoting safe operations for all users.
“This new law will make our City more livable for everyone,” said Mayor Slay. “We must consider cyclists, pedestrians, and transit users when designing our roadways. There are many ways other than a car to travel our City. This bill shows that
The Complete Streets law will now be used as a guiding principal where practicable and economically feasible, in the design, operation, and maintenance of City streets to promote safe and convenient access and travel for all users, of all abilities. It’s effect will include street and sidewalk lighting, pedestrian and bicycle safety improvements, access improvements – including compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act – public transit facilities accommodations, street trees and landscaping, drainage, and more.
“I introduced the Complete Streets bill with the hopes of making
For more information please contact Kara Bowlin at Bowlink@Stlouiscity.com or
Office of the Mayor
Most Read News
- Mayor Slay Signs Ordinance to Help Large Building Owners Reduce Energy Bills, Produce Cleaner Air, and Generate Jobs St. Louis Joins National City Energy Project
- Tackling Vacancy: St. Louis Land Bank Assessment Study Offers Recommendations for Implementation
- 24-Hour High School Opens at SLATE 24-Hour High School Opens at SLATE release
- Mayor Slay, Aldermen Send Two Ballot Issues to Voters this April Economic Development Sales Tax and Funding for Multi-Use Stadium
- Trash Pick-up Schedule Change for the President's Day Holiday The City of St. Louis Refuse Division would like to remind residents that the trash & recycling collection schedule for roll carts will be adjusted.