Vacation and Key Benefits
The City of St. Louis offers a wide variety of benefits to its employees. Benefits are offered to eligible employees on a voluntary basis and deductions are on a bi-weekly basis.
The City offers excellent vacation program providing annual vacation leave approximately as follows:
- Two weeks after one year
- Three weeks after five years
- Four weeks after ten years
- Four and one-half weeks after fifteen years
- Five weeks after twenty years
The following are some key provisions of The City of St. Louis Benefit Plan:
- Full-time employees are eligible
- Coverage for spouse is offered (dependent supporting documentation requirement)
- Domestic partners are eligible for coverage (pending approval of completed Affidavit of Domestic Partnership + dependent supporting documentation requirement)
- Dependent children coverage is offered (dependent supporting documentation requirement)
- until age 26 for Medical Insurance
- Age 26 for Dental Insurance
- Deductions for Medical and Dental benefits can be taken on either before or after tax basis
- Changes in coverage can be made at open enrollment periods or due to a life-change qualifying event, such as marriage, birth of a child, etc.
- Open enrollment periods for Medical and Dental Insurance are held annually prior to the beginning of the fiscal year
- Open enrollment period for Legal is held annually prior to the beginning of the calendar year
- Enrollment period for AFLAC, Washington National (formerly CONSECO), and Accidental Death & Dismemberment is ongoing.
Feedback is anonymous.