Club Anti-Theft Device Program
Obtain car anti-theft devices to protect your vehicle from theft at a reduced cost.
To help with vehicle theft prevention, the City of St. Louis provides access to purchase Club Anti-Theft Devices and license plate screws to protect your vehicle at a reduced cost.
The club and special license place screws are proven devices that deter vehicle theft.
City residents can purchase these devices at two locations in City Hall.
Before you go to City Hall:
- Call and confirm the availability of the anti-theft club and license plate screws at one of the following locations.
- Missouri Department of Revenue St. Louis City Hall Fee Office, (314) 622-4231 provides both clubs and license plate screws.
- Citizens' Service Bureau’s Office, (314) 622-4800 provides clubs only.
- Ensure you have proof of City of St. Louis residency (i.e., drivers license, current utility bill).
- To Purchase go to one of the following locations during hours of operations:
Citizens' Service Bureau’s Office1520 Market Street Room 4087 St. Louis, MO 63103 Phone: (314) 622-4800 Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Show proof of City of St. Louis residency
- Pay in cash for the club and/or the license plate screws. Fees may vary.
$14.00 or $15.00 cash - per Anti-theft Device (club) depending on supplier
$3.00 cash - per pair of license plate screws
What to Expect
Obtain a Club and/or screws for your vehicle at a reduced cost and information on how to use the device.
Some vehicle theft preventions practices to keep in mind:
- Lock all car doors
- Roll up all windows
- Remove your personal belongings
- Park in a well-lit area
- Park in highly visible locations
- Use anti-theft devices (club, alarm, kill-switch, etc.)
- Don't leave cars running and unattended
- Never leave keys in the ignition
- When parking on the street, find a well-lit area with lots of pedestrian foot traffic (thieves look for isolated, dark areas to break into cars).
- Do not invite a break-in by leaving valuables such as cameras, CDs, money, computers, or packages in plain sight; either take them with you or discreetly lock them in the trunk.
- If you do not have a trunk, place them in an out-of-sight location such as under a seat or grocery cover (it's best to do this before you get to your parking spot).
List of items attractive to car thieves
- Cash (including loose change in the ashtray)
- Cell phones, GPS receivers, laptops and iPods (or any other type of easy to sell electronics)
- Checkbooks, credit cards and debit cards
- Private mail (especially if it has your address on it)
- Vehicle registration documents (these should always be carried on your person)
- Wallets and purses
Citizens' Service Bureau
1520 Market St. Room 4087
St. Louis, Mo 63103
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (excluding City holidays)
Collector - City Hall Fee Office
1200 Market St.
St. Louis, Mo 63103
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.