Who: Fire Chief Dennis Jenkerson
And Zia’s on the Hill representative
What: Presentation of a Check to benefit the St. Louis Fire Department Lifesaving Foundation
When: Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 2:30 p.m.
Where: Fire Department Headquarters, 1421 N. Jefferson
On Thursday, January 12, 2012, a representative from Zia’s on the Hill will present Fire Chief Dennis Jenkerson with a check which will benefit the St. Louis Fire Department Lifesaving Foundation.
The St. Louis Fire Department Lifesaving Foundation is a private 501(c) (3), nonprofit, tax-exempt organization supporting the St. Louis Fire Department and the people whom it serves. The Foundation is a way that individuals, corporations and organizations can contribute to helping the life-savers help you.
Through the St. Louis Fire Department Lifesaving Foundation new technology in safety gear can be purchased and educational opportunities can be provided which can make the difference in life and death situations.
Some of the benefits provided through the support of the Lifesaving Foundation:
- Acquired 12-Lead EKG monitors for all Advanced Life Support (ALS) Medic Units.
- Acquired Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) for the benefit of the Fire Department’s Public Access Defibrillator Program (PAD)
- Acquired eight specially-equipped mountain bikes to help first-responders more quickly reach and stabilize patients in crowded venues and events throughout the city.
- Acquired two Vespa motor scooters equipped with emergency medical equipment.
- Provided funding to the St. Louis Fire Department Public Access Defibrillator Program that trains first responders in CPR and the proper use of AEDs.
For more information, email: Info@lifesavingfoundation.org .
# # #