September 28, 2011 - For immediate release
MoDOT permanently closes EB I-70 ramp to 10th Street ramp October 10
ST. LOUIS - The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) and its
contractor Millstone Bangert Inc, will permanently close the exit ramp from
eastbound Interstate 70 to 10th Street in St. Louis City (Exit 249A) at 9
a.m. October 10, 2011.
The ramp will be removed permanently so crews can construct roadway
and ramps between I-70 and the new Mississippi River Bridge. The new ramps
to the bridge will cross directly over the current location of the 10th
Street exit ramps.
Drivers can use the Broadway exit (250A) to get into the city.
At the same time, several roadways on the west side of the interstate
will also close as part of construction.
- N. 10th Street between N. 11th Street and Mullanphy Street.
- Mullanphy Street east of N. 11th Street.
- Howard Street east of N.11th Street.
- N. 11th Street between Howard and Mullanphy streets.
- 9th Street and 10th Street north of Cass Avenue will become two-way,
to ensure traffic can get to businesses on those roadways.
Note: A detour map for the ramp closure is included in the above link
For more information, contact MoDOT Customer Service at
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NewMississippiRiverBridge
Follow us on Twitter: @MissRiverBridge
"Our mission is to provide a world-class transportation experience that
delights our customers and promotes a prosperous Missouri."
Office of Special Events
Transportation, Infrastructure, and Utilities
Most Read News
On the Map: Black Rep
This edition of On the Map focuses on the Black Repertory Theater, the largest professional black theatre company in the country.
- RFP and NOFA Available July 11, 2018 CDA Funding Opportunities for Housing and Community Development
- Enrollment for Free Summer Camps for City Kids Opens April 2, 2018 Enrollment for Free Summer Camps for City Youth Ages 5-18 Opens Monday, April 2, 2018