Property boundary change permits are required for property modifications including the following:
- Subdivisions – Splitting one property into two or more new properties
- Lot Consolidations – Combining two or more adjacent properties into one property
- Boundary Adjustments – Relocating the property line(s) between two or more adjacent properties
- Review the information about Property Boundary Change Permits
- Be prepared to provide the address of the property in question and your contact information.
- Assemble name and contact information of the business, and an additional point of contact if necessary.
- Know the type of property modification (Subdivision, Lot Consolidation or Boundary Adjustment).
- Gather proof of payment of the previous year's real estate taxes for all properties involved.
- Prepare a detailed description of the work to be done.
- Obtain plat drawings prepared and sealed by a Licensed Professional Surveyor in the State of Missouri that follow Chapter 445 of the Missouri Revised Statutes (for the application process, hard copies or PDF copies are accepted). Use our sample engineering drawings and checklist for review of surveys to confirm that drawings are satisfactory and all tasks have been completed.
If you'd prefer a paper application, you can download the fillable PDF application form. You may mail or drop off your application, plat drawings and tax receipts at the following address:
Office of the Secretary
Board of Public Service
1200 Market St., Room 300
St. Louis, Missouri 63103
- Fill out the online Property Boundary Change Permit Application.
- On the next screen after you submit your information, you will be able to upload your plat drawings and tax receipts. If you only have hard copies of these items, you may mail them or drop them off at the address above.
See the screenshots below for a preview of the document upload process.
Document Upload Process
None at this time.
What to Expect
You will receive a confirmation email with a confirmation number, which you can use to check the status of your application.
An approval recommendation will be presented at the weekly Board meeting for final approval. Upon review of the application, the BPS Design Division will contact you with comments and let you know if they recommend approving or denying your application.
After approval, you must submit to the BPS Office of the Secretary:
- a hard copy mylar formatted plat drawing (18" x 24" or 22" x 34" size) notarized and signed by the owner(s) and lien holder(s)
- the signed/notarized waiver letter-accepting all terms and conditions of the permit (provided by BPS)
Office of the Secretary Board of Public Service 1200 Market St., Room 300 St. Louis, Missouri 63103
The mylar original(s) will be signed by the Board of Public Service President and the Board of Public Service Secretary to finalize the property changes.
Once the plat is signed by the City, it may be recorded at the Recorder of Deeds office.