Imaging and Microfilm - Recorder of Deeds
Come in to use Microfilm readers to read deeds and survey plats or have them printed out.
Imaging Information and Resources
Copy Requirements –Fee and Information You Must Provide
The Recorder of Deeds no longer accepts personal checks
- Certification $2 per document
- Uncertified $3 first page + $2.00 each additional page
- Provide Grantee Name (Buyer or Recipient)
- Provide Property Address (Street number and street page)
- Provide Document's Book and page number
We will accept all major credit cards for amount of Purchase or Deed Recording Fee. Minimum $1.50 service fee Walk-in services only.
No cash back.
The service fee for all credit cards will be set at 2.95% of the payment amount with a minimum service fee of $1.50 will be charged for all transactions below $52.
Service fee pricing for electronic checks: The service fee for electronic checks will be set at $1.50.
This pricing includes the ability for Forte payments to:
- Validate the saving and checking account number real time.
- Validate that there are positive funds in the banks account at the time of the payment.
- The product called ATM Verify validates 95% of all US banks.
- The city will received $.050 per transaction, which will be deposited to the city's designated bank account on the monthly basis.
How to obtain book and page numbers
Document Recorded January 1920 to Present: Customer must provide addresses or grantee/grantor name
One document: Go to room 128, Recorder Imaging/Microfilm Dept. A clerk will be happy to search the recorders database (by address, or name or parcel number ) and provide you with the Book and Page numbers
Multiple Documents: Go to room 128, Recorder's imaging Microfilm Dept. Using one of the recorders public research computers, search the recorders' database (by address,. Or name or parcel number to obtain the book and page numbers. If you need assistance, just ask, a clerk will be happy to help you. There is a 10 minute per customer per visit limit on the use of the public research computers.
Documents Recorded before January 1920 : Customer must provide data and daily numbers
Multiple documents: Go to room 128, Recorders Microfilm/Imaging Dept. A clerk will be happy to search the date and daily book to provide you with the book and page numbers.
How to Obtain Date and Daily Numbers
Got to room 114, Assessors Officer, City Hall
1766 to 1920 Land Records
Contact Archives Department, Recorder of Deeds,
Visit Room 126, City Hall
Email Imaging & Microfilm Department
More Contact Info
Phone: (314) 622-4546
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
1200 Market St. , City Hall, Room 128
Saint Louis, Missouri 63103