Construction Intake Center
SLATE's Construction Intake Center assists companies working on City of St. Louis construction projects with workforce development
Construction Intake Center is a SLATE program whose purpose is to assist construction project developers and contractors operating in the City of St. Louis achieve workforce development and diversity goals required by City Ordinance 70767 (amended Ordinance 69427).
SLATE's Construction Intake Center maintains a list of eligible construction workers for referral to area contractors. Contractors operating under MSD's First Source Contract need only fill out our Referral Request form and email it to email@example.com. Once we have received your Referral Request Form we will reach out to our applicant pool, screen applications based on your criteria, and then refer the qualified applicants to you.
If your company is interested in requesting our BUD graduate, please fill out Request for BUD Graduate form. To learn more about SLATE's Construction Skills Training and Building Union Diversity (BUD) program, visit our Construction Skills Training webpage.
To start the MSD First Source process, contact Cassandra Williams, at (314) 657-3599. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions and requests for assistance and support should be directed to Armand Paulet, SLATE Labor Resource Specialist, at (314) 657-3601.
First Source Referral Request
First Source Follow Up Survey
Download Important Notice to Bidders on City Projects
Download Request for BUD Graduate form
Download Workforce Diversity Report Form (in Excel)
Download Union Hall Worker Request Form (in Word)
Business Advisory Council:
City of St. Louis Ordinance 69427, Section Eight, requires that the Mayor of the City of St. Louis, in conjunction with the President of the Board of Aldermen, appoint a Community Jobs Board requiring approval from the Board of Aldermen. Ordinance 69427 has expanded the Community Jobs Board from nine seats to a total of thirteen seats. The Community Jobs Board is composed of the following:
- Two shall be appointees of the Comptroller
- Two shall be representatives of women construction contractors’
- Two shall be representatives of minority construction contractors’
- Three shall be representatives of community and faith-based organizations
- Two shall be representatives of construction labor unions
- Two shall be representatives of general and prime construction contractor
Letters were sent to the Mayor, President of the Board of Aldermen and the
Comptroller requesting consideration of appointees they desire to be seated on the Community Jobs Board.
The Community Board consists of the following individuals:
- Henry Johnson III, Carpenter’s Joint Apprenticeship
- Sal Valadez, LiUNA Midwest Region - EMLDC LECET
- Kelley Anderson, Comptroller’s Office
- Tyson Pruitt, Comptroller’s Office
- Earline Bell, Project Coordinator SLATE
- Charles Williams, BUD Construction