St. Louis, August 7, 2017 - Building a diverse workforce is being made easier for area businesses through their participation in the Third Annual Accommodation for Success Disability Employment Event, being held on Thursday, August 10, 2017, at the Forest Park Campus of St. Louis Community College.
This innovative recruitment event puts job candidates in the booth space to showcase their talents and experience to 116 human resource professionals representing 99 area companies. Job candidates will be featured by their interest and experience in a variety of industries including IT and Computer Science, Sales and Marketing, Customer Services, Finance and Accounting, Healthcare, Education, and many others. With 236 registrants, this year’s event is the largest yet.
The Third Annual Accommodation for Success event is a collaborative effort between the St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment (SLATE) and more than 20 of the region’s disability employment organizations. Workshops and resources on disability inclusion, etiquette, recruitment, and workplace culture will be offered to registered businesses earlier in the day, prior to the reverse job fair. St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson is the keynote speaker, greeting attendees at the opening of the day.
WHO: St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment (SLATE), regional job centers, regional disability employment organizations
WHAT: Third Annual Accommodation for Success Reverse Job Fair and Disability Employment Event
WHEN: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Employer Workshops
1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Reverse Job Fair
WHERE: St. Louis Community College at Forest Park
5600 Oakland Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
Registrant and media check-in at the Student Center
COST: Entry, Workshops and Reverse Job Fair are FREE of charge. Lunch is provided to registered attendees.
MEDIA CONTACTS: Lori Becker, Development Director & COO, Starkloff Institute, (314) 724-4310, firstname.lastname@example.org
James Sahaida, Equal Opportunity Officer, SLATE, (314) 657-3567, email@example.com
AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEW, DAY-OF-EVENT:
- James Sahaida, Equal Opportunity Officer, SLATE
- Kevan Rutledge, Assistant Director – Business Outreach, Missouri Dept. of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Sandy Keyser, Employment First Specialist, Department of Mental Health, Division of Developmental Disabilities
- Event Participants, upon individual request
- SLATE Executive Director Michael K. Holmes introducing St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson for opening remarks
- Sunny, open, windowed room bustling with 116 HR professionals interacting with 80+ job seekers
- Applicants with visible and invisible disabilities at their “vendor booths”, with signage showcasing their areas of professional interest
- HR/Recruiters in classroom-style settings participating in workshops presented by local experts in the field of disability employment
St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment
Employment, Jobs, and Careers