Skill Up St. Louis 100-Day Challenge
SLATE’s new program will increase the training of CDL Drivers in the City of St. Louis
SLATE is partnering with MTC, Roadmasters, and 160 Driving for a program to increase the number of fully-trained and certified commercial drivers in the City of St. Louis through the rest of the year. From September 1 through December 10, 2022, SLATE will offer the 4-week CDL training program to eligible participants at no cost. The agency will provide students with career guidance and job readiness training, help purchase supplies, materials, and uniforms, and upon completion, will offer job placement assistance. At the end of the program, all students are expected to obtain a Class A CDL certification and apply for work with national carriers, municipalities, and local contractors.
See a list of open City of St. Louis positions, including refuse drivers.
About the Program
- 160 hours of classroom instruction, road skills, and driving practice - at no cost to participants
- FMCSA-approved training conducted by experienced instructors
- No commercial driving experience needed
- Classes start every week
- Class A CDL test - at no cost to participants
- Job placement assistance
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Reside in the City of St. Louis or St. Louis County (check your address)
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency
Review the State of Missouri Commercial Driver License (CDL) information
How to Apply
Call SLATE at (314) 589-8000 to schedule an appointment.