STL Youth Jobs serves youth ages 16-24 that live in the eligible neighborhoods/municipalities in the City of St. Louis and North St. Louis City. The program is funded in part through the City of St. Louis’ Community Development Administration.
- You must be age 15 (by June 1) or age 16-24 (by date of application)
- Address verification is required. Use the Begin Online button to see all eligible neighborhoods/municipalities.
- Choose which program you would like to apply for:
- Discover You
Career exploration, job shadowing, and money management skill-building. Age 15 (by June 1).
- Summer Work Experience (SWE)
Job readiness training, financial literacy training, and a summer job based on your interests and abilities. Ages 16-24.
- Career Accelerator Program (CAP)
Job readiness training, financial literacy training, and professional work experience directly related to career interests and goals. Ages 18-24, for program alumni, enrolled in post-secondary education.
- Discover You
- Assemble the required application items:
- Social security number
- Valid email address you check often
- Resume (Career Accelerator Program applicants only)
- Personal essay (CAP applicants only)
- Letter of recommendation (CAP and Discover You applicants only)
- Transcript (CAP applicants only)
- Review the STL Youth Jobs information page.
- Confirm that enrollment is open.
- Click Begin Online to apply.
What to Expect
After submitting an application, an STL Youth Jobs representative will contact you for an intake. During the intake, youth must present ALL of the following documentation:
- Birth certificate OR social security card
- Photo ID (school ID, driver license, etc.)
- If your photo ID does not have your current address, you must show proof of your home address (utility bill, lease, etc.)
- Family income document
St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment
1520 Market St., 3rd Floor,
St. Louis, Mo 63103-2634
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8a.m.-5p.m., Wednesday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.