Administrative Assistant II October 2019
Performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for the Development Incentives and Neighborhood Business Development departments and the Deputy Executive Director of SLDC. Provides administrative support for the following boards, commissions and authorities: Enhanced Enterprise Zone Board, Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority, Planned industrial Expansion Authority, and the Tax Increment Financing Commission.
Title Administrative Assistant II | Grade: 12 | FLSA: Nonexempt
Supervisor's Title: Deputy Executive Director
Hourly Rate: $16.00 – $20.00
Department: Development Incentives
Positions Supervised: N/A
Qualifications include a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and at least five years of business/administrative experience. Some college preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, demonstrate outstanding organizational skills, and possess good written and verbal communication skills. Must show the ability to coordinate and juggle multiple priorities. Previous experience with board administration a plus.
Under direct supervision performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for the Development Incentives and Neighborhood Business Development departments and the Deputy Executive Director of SLDC. Provides administrative support for the following boards, commissions and authorities: Enhanced Enterprise Zone Board, Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority, Planned industrial Expansion Authority, and the Tax Increment Financing Commission.
- Provides administrative support for the department such as answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries. Composes and edits correspondence and/or memoranda from verbal direction or from knowledge of established department/division policies; prepares, transcribes, composes, types, edits, and distributes agendas and/or minutes of meetings. Assists with preparation of presentation material such as developing and/or editing PowerPoint slides.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and other similar activities for supervisors, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepares and coordinates material for commissions and authorities meetings. Attends meetings to prepare minutes and maintains files. Prepares documents associated with board action, board minutes, resolutions, board bills, etc. Complies with all meeting and posting requirements.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; performs basic information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting, as specifically directed. Assists with preparation of requests for information.
- Assists staff in problem solving, project planning, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring reports.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; may compose, prepare, or ensure timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services.
- Relief receptionist on a rotating basis with other agency administrative assistants.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of successful completion of the probationary period.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/papers of up to ten pounds.
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.