Commercial District Manager September 2017
Provide professional technical assistance to commercial districts and businesses throughout the City. In addition, this position is responsible for managing and administering the Facade professional technical assistance to commercial districts and businesses throughout the City. In addition, this position is responsible for managing and administering the Facade program projects in each assigned Area.
Title: Commercial District Manager II | Grade: 14 | FLSA: E
Supervisor's Title: Commercial District Manager
Department: Neighborhood Business Development
Positions Supervised: N/A
Qualifications include a minimum of a B.A./B.S. in planning, urban design, business or related field or 5 years equivalent professional experience in the following areas: commercial real estate, property management/leasing, public relations, planning, urban design, marketing and promotions, or community development. Knowledge of applicable city, state, and federal agencies desirable. Extensive community involvement in an urban setting, and/or Main Street Program preferred. Good oral and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to work autonomously, good presentations skills, and ability to work with public officials and general public a must. Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Under limited supervision, provide professional technical assistance to commercial districts and businesses throughout the City. In addition, this position is responsible for managing and administering the Faç;ade, and prepare budget for special assessment district funding.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of successful completion of 180-day probationary period.
- Requires valid driver’s license - site visits/commercial area surveys.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is in the field and includes site visits, commercial area evaluation (by car and walking to survey various commercial areas), some evening and weekend work.
- Ability to drive – site visits and commercial area evaluations/surveys.
- Ability to walk a commercial district, which range from three to ten blocks.
- Exposure to elements during site visits and commercial area evaluations.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/papers of up to twenty pounds.
- Requires the ability to stoop, crouch, balance, bend, and climb during site visits.
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual