Demolition Specialist - SLDC Real Estate
Coordinates and manages the St. Louis Development Corporation’s demolition program.
Title: Demolition Specialist | Grade 13: | FLSA: E
Supervisor's Title: Real Estate Director
Department: Real Estate
Positions Supervised: N/A
Starting Salary Range: $45,000 - $52,000
- High School Degree or G.E.D. with some college hours or an associate degree with major courses in building inspection and code requirements, civil engineering or directly related disciplines preferred. BS/BA preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience familiarity with managing construction, demolition, building inspection, or real estate projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders including demolition contractors, governmental officials, and citizen groups.
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, detail-oriented, and a problem-solver
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Demonstrated proficiency with office software and reporting skills.
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of duties associated with coordinates and manages the St. Louis Development Corporation’s demolition program.
- Preparation and oversight of all contract documents associated with advertising, selection, and awarding contracts for demolition of buildings and structures owned by SLDC and its subordinate organizations.
- Circulates contract documents for approval by appropriate City departments.
- Requests and coordinates appropriate inspections by the Building Division, Air Pollution Control, Cultural Resources, and other City or regulatory agencies as required.
- Works directly with Real Estate Director on larger LRA owned property to develop strategies for preparing property (or groups of properties) for development.
- Ensure contractors adhere to contract agreement and appropriate City Ordinances.
- File and maintain appropriate contract documents
- Prepare and maintain required status reports that assist management with decision making related to property demolition.
- Conduct site visits to agency owned property to resolve and document issues and concerns.
- Manage demolition budget.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of employment.
- Requires valid driver’s license and access to vehicle - site visits.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is performed both in an office environment and at external construction sites.
- Exposure to elements during site visits. Field work may be up to 30% in all areas of the City.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/papers of up to twenty pounds.
- Requires the ability to stoop, crouch, balance, bend, and climb during site visits. Exposed to uneven services and construction environment.
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.
Apply using the online applicaiton portal.