Demolition Specialist - Urban Greening Program
Performs a wide variety of duties to facilitate the demolitions associated with the Urban Greening Program (UGP).
Title: Demolition Specialist | Grade 13: | FLSA: E
Supervisor's Title: Program Manager
Department: Real Estate
Positions Supervised: N/A
Apply online using the online applicaiton portal.
- High School Degree or G.E.D. with some college hours or an Associate’s Degree with major courses in building inspection and code requirements, civil engineering or directly related disciplines preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience familiarity with managing construction, demolition, or real estate projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders including demolition contractors, governmental officials, and citizen groups.
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, detail-oriented, and a problem-solver
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Demonstrated proficiency with office software and reporting skills
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of duties to facilitate the demolitions associated with the Urban Greening Program (UGP).
- Issues Requests for Bids for all UGP demolitions.
- Manages bid process for the UGP demolitions from issuing the Requests for Bids through the award process.
- Oversees the demolition contracts and all operational aspects of the UGP.
- Ensures adoption of demolition best practices and works with the Building Division and inspectors to keep contractors in compliance.
- Oversee and coordinate ground-truthing of vacant property information.
- Requests and coordinates appropriate inspections by the Building Division, Air Pollution Control, Cultural Resources, and other City or regulatory agencies as required.
- Ensures contractors adhere to contract agreement and appropriate City Ordinances.
- Files and maintains appropriate contract documents
- Prepares and maintains required status reports that assist management with decision making related to property demolition.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of employment.
- Requires valid driver’s license and access to vehicle - site visits.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is performed both in an office environment and at external construction sites.
- Exposure to elements during site visits.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/papers of up to twenty pounds.
- Requires the ability to stoop, crouch, balance, bend, and climb during site visits. Exposed to uneven services and construction environment.
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.