Human Resources and Operations Director
The Director operates as a strategic and tactical partner to leadership by aligning HR strategy to business strategy and incorporating HR strategy in day-to-day work. The HR Director will lead HR practices and objectives, administrative and technology functions, and oversees marketing and communications. Manages the day to day activities of HR and provide HR guidance and support to leaders and managers with the objective of adding value to the business. This is a full generalist role and as such this individual will perform a wide range of HR activities including but not limited to employee relations management, talent development, compensation administration, workforce planning/talent acquisition, manager/executive development, organizational design, performance management, and policy development. The position reports directly to the Executive Director
Human Resources and Operations Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Partners with leaders to develop plans and actions that positively impact workforce planning, organizational design, employee engagement and organizational culture strategies.
- Develops effective relationships with key business leaders by providing strategic, integrated advice and direction on business issues with HR implications.
- Provides direction and coaches leaders on a variety of topics including talent development, retention, performance management, employee relations, policy interpretation and implementation, conflict resolution and legal/contractual.
- Champions culture change and drives initiatives to promote company culture. Encourages and participates in open communication within the organization.
- Influences talent decisions including hiring, promotion and internal transfers to ensure hiring and developing the best talent; works to retain and develop talent.
- Collects and synthesizes quantitative and qualitative data and recognizes trends to develop recommendations based on data analysis.
- Directs the Corporate Communications and Marketing Department to ensure the strategy, resources, and work aligns with the overall organizational strategy.
- Oversees the Business Assistance Center to ensure the strategy, resources, and work aligns with the overall organizational strategy.
- Manages technology to meet business goals. Manages all technology acquisition, evaluation and implementation.
- Manages full-scope of procurement process for SLDC. Develops policies and procedures, works with finance to ensure compliance with policies, evaluates and sources alternative vendors/partners for cost savings and strategic alignment.
- Represents SLDC in City-wide initiatives.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Minimum of 15 years progressive experience in all areas of human resources (generalist). Strong organizational development and employee relations skills required.
- Superior relationship building skills to gain commitment for strategies and recommendations.
- Excellent facilitation skills; understanding of business realities and how to “partner” with all departments/functions throughout the organization to positively impact results.
- Ability to function as both a team member and leader in time-compressed and ambiguous situations to ensure that deliverables are achieved.
- Self-starter with high energy level and demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a fast paced, “roll up your sleeves” environment
- Assertiveness, initiative and ability to drive change at high levels of the organization.
- Related undergraduate degrees required and advanced degree in business or Human Resources Management a plus.
- SHRM – SCP or SPHR highly desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Indoor office environment
- Occasional use of personal vehicle – community/development/neighborhood visits
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/supplies of up to twenty pounds
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work
- Occasional non-regular hours
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of successful completion of the 180-day probationary period.
To be considered a candidate, please complete the online application using this application portal link. If you are unable to complete the online application, please contact human resources at SLDCHumanResources@stlouis-mo.gov.