MWBE Compliance Specialist I - Feb 2019
Monitors M/WBE contract compliance and M/WBE contractor and subcontractor project participation. Incumbents may assist in the development and production of contracts and related documents such as Requests for Proposals and Requests for Qualifications.
Title: M/WBE Contract Compliance Specialist I | Grade: 13 | FLSA: E
Hiring Salary Range: $40,500 - $48,500
Supervisor's Title: M/WBE Contract Compliance Manager
Department: Minority Business Development and Compliance
Positions Supervised: N/A
Under general supervision, monitors M/WBE contract compliance and M/WBE contractor and subcontractor project participation. Incumbents may assist in the development and production of contracts and related documents such as Requests for Proposals and Requests for Qualifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures contracts are properly and legally executed. Reviews contracts for compliance with insurance, bonding, licenses, taxes and related areas; confers with legal department on questions regarding documentation.
- Evaluates submitted general contractors and subcontractors and compiles a profile of each by preparing a site visit report, business profile, and recommendation for approval or denial of meeting MBE/WBE requirements for assigned projects requiring MBE/WBE participation monitoring.
- Maintains records for contract compliance and reporting requirements. Maintains data such as meeting attendance, lists of subcontractors, inspection reports and related; analyzes data and submits in report form. Reviews and processes reports for accuracy; reviews reimbursement requests; gathers and organizes data, as requested.
- Utilizes and manages the contract compliance software for each assigned project preserving the integrity of the information and system. Maintains records, uploads related documents, manages reports, monitors contractor/subcontractor utilization and reporting within the system.
- Documents problems with vendors, sites, and programs; reports on emergencies and works to resolve problems; conducts site visits to job sites or business offices to assess qualifications and compliance.
- Maintains files and database of certified firms; maintains files of projects in progress. Prepares reports and may present to boards and governing authorities.
- Monitors program participants/recipients to ensure quality service is rendered and assess additional needs. Monitors operations of program to ensure compliance with stipulations of grants.
- Actively refers potential MBE/WBE certification applicants to the DBE office.
- Coordinates and/or attends meetings as a city representative; arranges meeting place, creates and sends notification, and prepares agenda; conducts bid meetings.
- May provide office support on grants.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. Equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered if candidate can effectively demonstrate progressively responsible experience in M/WBE or DBE contract compliance work, M/WBE or DBE program administration, or procurement.
- 3+ years’ experience in M/WBE or DBE contract compliance monitoring, or construction project management.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office products a must. Experience using a contract compliance system such as GPTS or B2GNOW is a plus.
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and ability to analyze moderately complex processes.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good presentations skills.
- Ability to work with public officials, construction community, and general public.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of successful completion of the probationary period.
- Requires valid driver’s license - site visits.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Exposure to elements during site visits.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/papers of up to ten pounds.
- Requires the ability to stoop, crouch, balance, bend, and climb during site visits.
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply using the online application portal.