Real Estate Specialist III February 2018
Real Estate Specialist III February 2018 Job Posting
Title: Real Estate Specialist
Supervisor's Title: Director of Real Estate
Department: Real Estate
Positions Supervised: N/A
Qualifications include a minimum of a B.A./B.S. in economic development, urban planning, or related field, or the equivalent 7 years’ experience with some college. 5+ years’ experience in the marketing, negotiation, preparation, and management of real estate agreements. Must demonstrate experience in the analysis of real estate transactions. Understanding and experience with real estate incentives a plus. Must hold a Missouri Real Estate sales license or demonstrate the skills necessary to obtain a license. Must demonstrate the ability to handle details, multiple projects, and stringent deadlines. Highly proficient in social media in real estate marketing, experience in editing and creating maps in ArcGIS, and must be proficient in Microsoft office products. Personal computer skills in Microsoft office products a must. Good oral and written communication skills. Public speaking experience a plus. Ability to work with public officials and general public.
Under limited supervision, performs a wide variety of duties to facilitate the sale of property owned by SLDC and its member organizations, and promotes SLDC and the City through pro-active interaction with neighborhood groups, citizens, and public officials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and implements a marketing strategy for property owned by SLDC and its member organizations.
- Assists in forming real estate development strategies for key areas within the City. Evaluates available land, which includes land owned by the City, SLDC and its member organizations, and private entities.
- Negotiates and forms contracts, seeks necessary approvals, administers and monitors contracts and agreements.
- Maintains working relationships with federal, state, and local agencies, City departments, community/neighborhood groups and private-sector businesses and developers.
- Attends various neighborhood and community meetings representing SLDC and the Land Reutilization Authority.
- Develops and maintains the website pages associated with real estate on the organization's website. Develops social media strategy to promote real estate sales. Sits on the website and social media committee.
- Attends agenda preparation meetings for both the Land Reutilization Authority and the Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority, and attends commission meetings.
- Prepares and reviews resolutions for board action; negotiates agreements for the purchase, lease, or use of property; provides public information and resolves complaints.
- Assists with processing and closing offers. Meets with clients submitting offers or inquiring about purchasing property to answer questions, and facilitates the expedient sale of property.
- Prepares and manages the requests for proposals, requests for information, and requests for qualifications associated with real estate projects.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of successful completion of 180 day probationary period.
- Requires valid driver’s license - site visits.
- Requires valid and current state of MO Real Estate License.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Exposure to elements during site visits.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/papers of up to twenty pounds.
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.