Economic Development Internship
Searching for a talented, motivated, and eager-to-learn economic development intern for our team. This excellent, paid-internship will provide a great opportunity for you to gain real world experience assisting on a variety of critical projects.
- Economic Development Intern
- Weekly Commitment: 20 – 40 hours
- Duration: 3 months (start and end dates TBD)
- Paid internship (Undergraduate - $12.00/hour and Graduate - $15.00/hour)
- Start: May 20 – June 3 (TBD)
- Type of Work/Projects
- Works with interdisciplinary teams to support large-scale development efforts.
- Provides support in the implementation of public outreach processes, including providing administrative and staffing support for events, workshops, meetings, and other professional and public forums.
- Assists with community engagement activates.
- Assists in the preparation of a wide variety of materials to support project teams including graphics, maps, presentations, web content, narratives, and other materials.
- Compliance documentation development and implementation for incentivized projects
- Assists project managers with research and reporting
- Assists with the development and implementation of document management system (Laserfiche)
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Some graduate level academic work preferred in urban planning, real estate, public policy, economic development or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in economic or community planning and development.
- Understanding and interest in urban planning, infrastructure and economic development issues, including real estate development and finance.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial and leadership skills, including interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Graphic design, mapping, presentation, and geo-analytical skills preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and ArcGIS preferred, but not required.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent research, writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with strong time management skills
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.
Apply using the online application portal.