Economic Development Project Analyst
Tracks the progress and performance of projects that receive incentives originated and managed by St. Louis Development Corporation and its member organizations
Under general supervision, tracks the progress and performance of projects that receive incentives originated and managed by St. Louis Development Corporation and its member organizations. Collects and analyzes data from SLDC and other City departments to quantify the impact of SLDC supported projects on City economic development. Analyzes, monitors and reports the performance deliverables of incentive agreements and contracts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works closely with SLDC and other City departmental (assessor, comptroller, planning, etc.) staff to collect and analyze data related to SLDC economic development activities.
- Creates a tracking system for requesting performance related information from parties to include deadlines, request format and reports.
- Maintain database of project performance indicators.
- Monitors building permit activity reports and coordinates reporting with incentivized project activity data.
- Develops and generates regular reporting to summarize individual project performance and aggregated performance incented projects. Provides ad hoc reporting on projects and incentive use as needed.
- Drafts status reports, talking points, statements and other work product related to incentive performance, contract/agreement performance, and economic development outcomes.
- Maintains relationship with project developers, businesses, and key tenants as the point of contact for incentive contract/agreement review, reports, and monitoring to ensure that deadlines are met, information is received, and contract/agreements are being followed. Works closely with developers, key tenants, legal, development incentive staff, and management to resolve issues related to contract/agreement non-compliance.
- Generates certificates of completion and produces claw back analysis.
- Evaluates contract and agreement performance for effectiveness and impact on projects and programs, and makes appropriate recommendations. Assists with the analysis of the effectiveness of incentives through the analysis of historic and collected project data along with neighborhood and citywide demographic and economic data.
- Reviews development agreements and incentive contracts to determine performance criteria and timeline based on the terms of the agreement/contracts.
- Coordinates the collection of community impact statement and/or community benefit agreement reporting for the New Markets Tax Credit program and other incentive portfolio products as applicable.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.
- Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three (3) years of program experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Attention to detail, ability to keep notes and files in an organized manner
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes
- Able to build and maintain highly constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of individuals and organizations
- Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals
- Proficiency in office software, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Strong experience with Excel for collecting, organizing and analyzing data
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills, including presenting persuasive arguments
- Willingness to engage in “up the ladder” reporting to the extent necessary to resolve compliance deficiencies.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of successful completion of the probationary period.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/papers of up to ten pounds.
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work.
Applications are taken online only using the application portal [www.paycomonline.net].