St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment
St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment Career Center provides the following:
Business Services and Benefits
- Recruiting and screening applicant referrals
- labor market and wage information
- on-site hiring events
- on-the-job customized training programs.
- Assistance with training costs and 50% cash reimbursement for wages paid to employees while in training are available through On-the-Job-Training (OJT) funds.
- Additional tax credits for employing qualifying individuals who may have one or more barriers in finding employment are available through Welfare-to Work (WtW) and Work Opportunity Tax Credits (WOTC)
- Federal Bonds are another incentive to businesses that would like added insurance for employing a "high-risk" worker (e.g., those with a criminal record).
Any business that uses local government assistance is required to enter into a First Source Employment Agreement with SLATE Career Center to fill any entry-level jobs.