Neighborhood Commercial District Improvement Program (NCDI)
The NCDI program works to stabilize and revitalize commercial business districts and assists small businesses that serves these neighborhoods.
What is the NCDI Program?
Administered by Commercial District Managers (CDMs) in the Neighborhood Business Development Office, this program helps to strengthen communities by building the capacity of business associations and commercial districts, serving as liaisons between the City of St. Louis' government and small businesses, and administering the Facade Program. Specifically, CDMs work with business associations, individual businesses and City departments to:
- Support business association efforts to establish and maintenance a positive business climate in the City of St. Louis.
- Assist businesses and commercial property owners to navigate government sponsored business development opportunities.
- Administer the Facade Program and District Improvement Projects.
- Work with groups to establish and manage Community Improvement & Special Tax Districts.
- Present business opportunities to prospective entrepreneurs.
- Showcase available commercial properties.
- Assist business districts with promotional efforts.
- Identify businesses to participate in the St. Louis Healthy Corner Store Project and support their involvement in the program.