LDC Commercial Loan
The St. Louis Local Development Company (“LDC”) provides direct, low interest, subordinated loans for working capital needs, the purchase of equipment and inventory, and land and building acquisition to qualified small businesses located in the City of St. Louis.
The St. Louis Local Development Company (“LDC”) provides low-interest loans to small businesses for working capital needs and the purchase of equipment, inventory, and real estate. All loans must be approved by the LDC Board of Directors.
The LDC has received CARES Act funds from the U.S. Economic Development Administration (“EDA”) to assist small businesses that have been negatively affected by COVID-19 or that are providing goods or services to address problems caused by the pandemic. Loans from the St. Louis EDA Loan Program range from $10,000 to $300,000 and have interest rates as low as 2%.
- The business must be a for-profit business located in the City of St. Louis and licensed to do business in the City. The business must be current on all City taxes.
- At least one new full-time equivalent job must be created or retained for every $35,000 in loan funds received.
- Loan proceeds cannot be used to refinance existing debt or for projects involving construction.
- Borrowers are required to enter into a First Source Employment Agreement with the St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment (“SLATE”) for referrals for new entry-level job positions.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable $100 application fee is due at the time of the loan application.
- Closing Fee: A closing fee of 1% of the total loan amount is due at loan closing and may be included in the financing of the loan.