Executive Director - Community Land Trust
The Executive Director will marshall resources, information, and opportunities from local governments that can help advance the land trust’s efforts.
We anticipate the job will include working relationships with the Board of Aldermen and ward leaders, the mayor’s office, St. Louis Development Corporation (SLDC) and LRA, STL Vacancy Collaborative, St. Louis Association of Community Organizations (SLACO), Community Builders Network of Metro St. Louis (CBN), and Missouri Department of Conservation, among others. A successful candidate will be able to navigate relationships with diverse stakeholders from boardrooms to neighborhood meetings.
- Infrastructure Development (25%)
- Fund Development (30%)
- Program Management (20%)
- Staff Management and Human Resources (15%)
- Board and Leadership Development (10%)
What experience would we like you to have?
- Significant experience developing and managing complex budgets
- Familiarity with fund development concepts and managing creative and diverse funding portfolios
- Demonstrated skill hiring and managing employees, especially in a complex organizational structure
- Knowledge of community development practices, including local community development corporations and other organizations in the sector
- Understanding of real estate transactions (commercial and residential), development, and/or city planning
- Understanding of government services, constituent services, and public funding in the city of St. Louis (and statewide), including the budget process, neighborhood outreach and planning
A starting salary of $70,000, health insurance, paid time off, and a comprehensive benefits package.