GIS and Research Internship
Searching for a talented, motivated, and eager-to-learn GIS Intern for our team. This excellent, paid-internship will provide a great opportunity for you to gain real world experience assisting on a variety of critical projects.
GIS and Research Intern
- Weekly Commitment: 20 – 40 hours
- Duration: 3 months (start and end dates TBD)
- Paid internship (Undergraduate - $12.00/hour and Graduate - $15.00/hour)
- Start: May 20 – June 3 (TBD)
- Type of Work Expected
- Assists GIS Analyst and project managers with research, development and design of projects
- Assists the team with the preparation of maps, graphics and documents as assigned
- May perform field data collection
- Provides independent data interpretation while effectively maintaining data documentation.
- Assists in the development of presentation materials and reports
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Enrolled and pursuing a degree in GIS or other related degree
- Ability to read and create technical diagrams and schematics
- Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to arrive at logical answers
- Ability to deal with conflict tactfully and professionally
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with ESRI ArcGIS 10.x software
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Online, Portal, and associated applications
- Spatial database design principles and geodatabases
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.
Apply using the online applicaiton portal.