Major Project Manager I – Civil Engineering
Manages and facilitates infrastructure and development projects within the City managed by SLDC, and manages the budgeting, procurement, reporting and grant process associated with these projects.
Title: Major Project Manager I – Civil Engineer | Grade: 15 | FLSA: E
Supervisor's Title: Director, Major Projects and Engineering
Department: Major Projects
Positions Supervised: N/A
Qualifications include a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited college/university. 2+years professional experience in civil engineering field managing projects. Effectively communicate with staff, regulatory agencies, and project stake-holders. Strong presentation, verbal and written communications skills. Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Must have at least one year experience with construction administration and oversight. Knowledge of local, state, and federal grant processing, permitting process and requirements a must. General understanding of civil engineering principals associated with urban infrastructure. Demonstrated expertise in the use of technology to manage projects (
Under broad supervision and direction from the Director, manages and facilitates infrastructure and development projects within the City managed by SLDC, and manages the budgeting, procurement, reporting and grant process associated with these projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages all aspects of assigned project areas and infrastructure projects to ensure successful completion.
- Drafts request for proposals/qualifications, and manages negotiating process. Manages the RFQ/RFP process.
- Analyzes development proposals.
- Represents SLDC on technical working groups.
- Manages third party contractors when necessary. Evaluates and tracks project budget to ensure funds are available and used appropriately. Ensures that all documentation is submitted and available for requesting and securing funding.
- Analyzes third-party proposals and identifies appropriate strategies to assist the parties involved.
- Coordinates with developers, state and federal agencies, other departments and city agencies to assure that projects stay on schedule and within budget. Manages project scope. Anticipates and proactively facilitates solutions for project challenges (engineering and/or project management).
- Prepares board resolutions required for approval of various phases of the development process. Presents board proposals.
- Conducts public meetings on projects.
- Develops strong working relationships with project teams, developers, state, local, and federal agencies.
- Researches, applies for, and manages grant proposals.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of successful completion of a 180-day probationary period.
- Requires valid driver’s license - site visits.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Exposure to elements during site visits.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/papers of up to twenty pounds.
- Requires the ability to stoop, crouch, balance, bend, and climb during site visits.
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.