OCTOBER 9, 2015 –Mayor Francis G. Slay and the St. Louis Development Corporation (SLDC) presented the City's annual business awards today at the 2015 Mayor's Business Celebration Luncheon. Mayor Slay, along with Otis Williams, executive director of SLDC, presented the awards in the following categories:
Businesses of the Year
Businesses of various sizes that made special commitments to or investments in the City. Factors for consideration include projects that brought new services to underserved areas, catalytic investment in pioneering areas, contributions to the diversity of the business community.
- Baileys' Restaurants
- Bissinger's Handcrafted Chocolatier
- Simms Building Group
- Chemline Inc.
- TAO + LEE Associates
- Freddie Lee's Gourmet Sauces
- EcoExcellence Award –Better Life
Also under this category, 28 City businesses –one per City ward –were honored as Neighborhood Businesses of the Year:
- Ward 1 - Creative Touch Barber &Beauty Salon
- Ward 2 - Veasley's TLC Development Center
- Ward 3 - Tractor Trailer Supply Co.
- Ward 4 - Martin's Market
- Ward 5 - Blackmun Footcare LLC
- Ward 6 - Moulin Events &Meetings
- Ward 7 - Stars Design Group
- Ward 8 - Ices Plain &Fancy
- Ward 9 - Sidney Street Cafe
- Ward 10 - G&W Bavarian Sausage Co.
- Ward 11 - RE Source LLC
- Ward 12 - R.A. Guinner Plumbing Co.
- Ward 13 - Dorm-in-a-Box
- Ward 14 - Chauvin Coffee Co.
- Ward 15 - Gelateria Del Leone
- Ward 16 - Mathew's Kitchen
- Ward 17 - Rise Coffee
- Ward 18 - Midtown Tire &Auto
- Ward 19 - The Dark Room Wine Bar
- Ward 20 - Sump Coffee
- Ward 21 - New Carrie's Corner Market
- Ward 22 - Upsilon Omega Foundation
- Ward 23 - Andre's Ribs –Julie's Way
- Ward 24 - Chris' Pancake & Dining
- Ward 25- Urban Buds: City Grown Flowers
- Ward 26 - Family Love Adult Day Health Care
- Ward 27 - Regal Meat Market
- Ward 28- Piccione Pastru
Developers/Developments of the Year
Rreal estate developments that most dramatically convert a catalytic vision for the City into bricks and mortar.
- 700 Market Building
- International Institute of St. Louis
- CSTK St. Louis
- Shriners Hospitals for Children-St. Louis
- IKEA St. Louis
- St. Louis Dental Education & Oral Health
- Union Station Phase I Clinic
Quality of Life Award
Individuals and organizations who improved the quality of life for City residents and businesses through their dedication and hard work.
- Hawthorn Leadership School for Girls
- Ranken Technical College
Individuals, companies, and organizations that acted as special catalysts for economic development in the City.
- Contractor Loan Fund
- Denny Coleman
- Jill McGuire
- Walter Metcalfe
- Vince Schoemehl
The City of St. Louis Business Celebration Luncheon began in 2002 as a way to thank the business community for its commitment to the City. Approximately 1,100 guests attended the luncheon, which was held at the Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel.
Major sponsors of the 2015 Mayor's Business Celebration Luncheon were Hilliker, IKEA St. Louis, Laclede Group, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, St. Louis Economic Development Partnership, and Thompson Coburn.
A Big Thank You to Our Sponsors and Award Recipients
View and Download the Full Page Thank You
Dir. of Marketing and Public Information Officer
Office Phone: (314) 657-3706
St. Louis Development Corporation
VideoCould not find the ColdFusion component or interface components.youtube.
Most Read News
- St. Louis Showcased for Clean Energy Work New Sierra Club Report Showcases 10 U.S. Cities Moving To 100% Clean Energy Report highlights 100% clean, renewable energy pathways for St. Louis
- 2018 Continuum of Care Application Review The 2018 Continuum of Care (CoC) Application and the Review, Score, Ranking, and Recommendations Process are Available for Review.
- CREA to host Equal Employment Opportunity Conference News release from CREA
Feedback is anonymous.